Sunshine STEM Academy teaching staff will use the best practices in their field to increase student achievement. In addition to general adherence to the current best practices, at Sunshine STEM Academy instruction is blended with the following instructional methods as they are part of the adopted math and science programs.
- Scientific Reasoning Skills
- Inquiry-Based Curriculum
- Integrating Science with Non-Science Curricula
- Language-Based Approach
- Multi-sensory approach to learning
- Multiple Intelligences
Additionally the following strategies will also be used as they become relevant during the course of teaching.
- Project-Based Instruction
- Interdisciplinary Learning
- Alternative Assessments
- Contextual Learning (Real-life Context)
- Direct Instruction
- Higher Order Thinking
- Self-Directed Learning with Technology
- Exemplary Computer-enhanced Support
- Data-Driven Decision-Making
Sunshine STEM Academy’s innovative approach will help students achieve their maximum potential and ensure their readiness for a more challenging curriculum in middle school.