Sunshine STEM Academy provides coaching service for college application starting from elementary and middle school ages to empower, inspire, and motivate students to explore, choose, and act on their life’s path. Students are offered variety of activities year-long to motivate students in the road to college. Our dedicated team of educators make a huge difference in students’ lives, show them a way forward, enjoy a satisfying experience.
Sunshine STEM Academy Micro School is located in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Sunshine STEM Academy offers organic education for gifted students by creating high-quality, innovative opportunities that support whole child development, so students can succeed in reaching their dreams.
Sunshine STEM Academy’s goal is to improve students’ critical thinking and problem solving skills by encouraging high expectations.
We provide academic enrichment services including workshops, courses, camps and academic coaching in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math subjects.
Student-centered, Hands-on, Rigorous, Critical Thinking, Problem solving, High Expectations
Sunshine STEM Academy provides student-centered, hands-on, rigorous extra-curricular enrichment activities such as academic teams which includes robotics and coding, workshops, camps, and academic coaching.
Academic enrichment activities are;
- Robotics: Competitive and non-competitive teamwork activities using Lego WeDo 2.0 and EV3 Mindstorms kits
- Digital Arts: Photography, Video Production, Graphic Design, Web Design
- Academic Coaching: Coaching in establishing personalized learning plan and study skills, setting high expectations, evaluation, and assessment.
We believe that students can engage in different ways and in different places. Our students benefit from individually-paced, targeted learning tasks that start from where the student is, formatively assess existing skills and knowledge, and address the student’s needs and interests.
Our students move ahead based primarily on demonstrating key learning milestones along the path to mastery of core competencies and bodies of knowledge. We expect our students to have multiple means and opportunities to demonstrate mastery through performance-based and other standardized assessments.
LEARNING ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
Learning takes place beyond the traditional school day, and even the school year. Time and place are used flexibly, in ways that optimize and extend student learning. Students have equitable opportunities to take advantage of digital technologies that can enhance learning based on their demonstration of skills and knowledge.
STUDENTS EXERT OWNERSHIP OVER THEIR LEARNING
Our students understand how to get “smarter” by applying effort strategically to learning tasks. They have frequent opportunities to direct and to reflect and improve on their own learning progression towards college and career ready standards through formative assessments that help them understand their own strengths and learning challenges.
By creating a challenging learning environment that encouraging high expectations for success, Sunshine STEM Academy believes that students will develop into responsible and caring citizens. With an emphasis on problem solving and creative thinking, the students of Sunshine STEM Academy will grow to be inspired learners through dynamic science, math, technology, engineering, reading, and art driven curriculum with our enrichment opportunities.
- in a partnership between educators, students, families, and community
- that all students should be nurtured, accepted and appreciated
- in molding students into responsible and caring citizens, resourceful thinkers, and inspired learners
- that all students can learn and reach their highest potential
- in the value of student diversity, unique talents, and all capabilities
- in implementing dynamic technology driven curriculum to ensure that each students has the best educational experience possible
- in providing students with enrichment opportunities that go beyond the classroom and develop the whole child
- in meeting students individual needs, while maintaining high expectations
- in providing students with educational enrichment opportunities that go beyond the classroom and develop the whole child